Owning a small business can, at times, overwhelm you. There are the bills to pay, employees to train, strategic plans to implement, blogs to write and all the “to do” piles on your desk. How do you push through the days when you just need a break. Omar Periu, a business motivational speaker, offers the following steps to stay motivated:
- Condition your mind to think positive thoughts. You can train yourself to think in terms of “I can,” “It’s possible,” and “This will work.”
- Act with a purpose. When you are passionate about your company and its mission, you will translate that excitement to others.
- Be interesting. Speak about your work with enough interest that you can grab another person’s attention within 10 to 20 seconds. You don’t have to convey a lot of information. Instead convey energy, confidence and excitement.
- Put fun in the process of all you do. People who enjoy the experience exceed expectations and continue to put forth effort again and again.
- Remain flexible. No plan should be cast in concrete.
- Take responsibility for your results. Don’t credit luck, good or bad.
- Don’t wait for perfection, do it now!
- Surround yourself with motivated people. Positive energy is contagious.
- Focus on purpose and goals, not obstacles and problems.
Make a copy of this list. Tape it to your wall or computer screen. Practice it daily. Remember, motivation is the ultimate root of success.